What is Digital analytics?
Digital analytics is a set of business and technical activities that define, create, collect, verify or transform digital data into reporting, research, analyses, recommendations, optimizations, predictions, and automations.
This also includes the SEO (search engine optimization) where the keyword search is tracked and that data is used for marketing purposes. Even banner ads and clicks come under digital analytics. A growing number of brands and marketing firms rely on digital analytics for their digital marketing assignments, where MROI (Marketing Return on Investment) is an important key performance indicator (KPI).
Standard types of analytics:
- Prescriptive analytics
Types of Digital Analytics:
- It is the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of internet data for optimizing web usage.
- It helps to improve and observe their website’s performance on different search engine i.e. Google, Yahoo etc.
- It is nothing but related with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
- It is the practice of measuring, managing and analyzing marketing performance to maximize its effectiveness and optimize return on investment (ROI).
- It delivers powerful customer insights, for uncovering customer sentiment dispersed across online social media networks.
- It is the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of internet data for optimizing mobile/web app usage.
Why chose Web Analytics?
To find out below answers:
- How’s my business performing online?
- What are users doing on my website?
- Am I earning any revenue?
- How’s my mobile app performing?
- What do I need to improve?
Measurement flow of Web Analytics?
1. Define & measure KPIs (Key Performance Indicator)
3. Analyze /evaluate your site performance
4. Optimize by implementing site and marketing changes
5. Innovate – experiment new ideas
Web Analytics Tools:
- Adobe Analytics
- Google Analytics
- Different Tag management tools i.e. DTM, GTM, Tealium, Kissmetrics